1.1 Background of the Study
Mobile technology has really accelerate in terms of it advancement to the extent that it has limitlessly left mobile application developers with no choice but to continue in it manipulation of its usefulness over and over (Leng, 2011). Furthermore Mobile tools are much stylishly made these days, so smart and handy which give room for collection of data in our mobile phones. Mobile phone gadgets are now doing the works of Global Positioning system (GPS) navigation gadget, because of it sensibility in accessing vital information concerning present location of valuable assets, places, friends and family.
Accessibility of location based services via our mobile phones is possible; provided that the mobile network can be retrieved by our mobile phones to exploit the use of geographical position of the mobile phone has been a continuous achievement starting from the military and later to every man jack. These location based services (LBS) use the information, based on the available location of the user to provide services dependent on their geographic setting, (Kirk & Mark, 2003) and customize needs. GPS tracking is embedded in location based services as a support tool in making use of mobile web (Leng, 2011). LBS, it’s been considered at these points as those applications that entail a high level of exactness according to (Giaglis, Kourouthanassis & Tsamakos, 2003). As a result these with no stress user can easily access location like banks, hotels, colleges etc. Project aspires to adjust and influence the usage of location based services focusing mainly on ATM centres available in Kaduna State.
1.2 Statement Of Problem
An automated teller machine (ATM) is an electronic telecommunications mechanism that enables the users to carry out monetary transactions in a public places using credit card with no need of entering the bank. For that reason, users can effortlessly have their transaction completed by means of the ATM (Leng, 2011). On the other hand, people living in Lagos Satte are familiar with a particular ATM centre for performing their daily monetary transaction, at times when this ATM centres develops problem people are confused of which ATM centre to go to because they usually pass by several ATM centres but never take noticed of the location in which they are, so because of this they end up going to their Bank to be on the safer side. In addition for instance a foreigner, being his or her first time visiting Minna will find it difficult to locate a close by ATM centre when in need of cash urgently. For this reason this project will be solving a lots of problem in terms of locating an ATM centre closer to user current position and providing the user ability to access the status of that particular ATM centre.
1.3 Aim And Objectives Of The Study
The aim of this study is to develop an ATM finder (My ATM’s status) mobile web application. For easy location and broadcasting of the ATM’s status in Lagos State.
The specific objectives of this study are:
1. To develop a system that will capture ATM centres location using Global Positioning System (GPS) and status of the ATM.
2. To develop a system that will locate a close by ATM location from the user’s present position in Kaduna State.
3. To develop a system that will display the status of a particular ATM.
1.4 Significance of the Study
Ability to locate an ATM centre closer to user current position and also retrieving information about the status of ATM centre will draw the trust of people living in Lagos State, and also foreigners to approach any ATM centre on this system with no doubt .
1.5 Scope Of The Study
The scope of this study is to design and implement of an andriod base application to check the status of ATM. The proposed system is developed on hybrid application platform for mobile application. The objective of the system is to show user the ATM centre closer to him or her and the status of that ATM. The numbers of ATM centres covered in this project are 10 in numbers. Smart phones are recommended for this proposed system. Proposed systems are subjected to users in Kaduna State alone.
1.6 Limitation of the Study
This project is narrow in some ways stated below:
1. Cannot automatically generate ATM centre‘s status rather employ the ability of the feedback giving by the user.
2. Limited only to smart phone.
3. 10 ATM centres in Kaduna State.
1.7 Definition Of Terms
HTML CODE: – HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language. It is a type of computer language that is primarily used for files that are posted on the internet and viewed by web browsers. HTML files can also be sent via email.
Markup language: – A markup language is a combination of words and symbols which give instructions on how a document should appear. For example, a tag may indicate that words are written in italics or bold type.
Web browser: -A Web browser is a software program that interprets the coding language of the World Wide Web in graphic form, displaying the translation rather than the coding. This allows anyone to “browse the Web” by simple point and click navigation, bypassing the need to know commands used in software languages.
File extension: – A file extension is the suffix at the end of a filename that tells a computer, and the computer user, which program is needed to open the file. Also called a filename extension, this suffix preceded by at least one period, is generally one to five characters long but the norm is usually three characters in length.
Email: – Email, also sometimes written as e-mail, is simply the shortened form of electronic mail, a protocol for receiving, sending, and storing electronic messages. Email has gained popularity with the spread of the Internet. In many cases, email has become the preferred method of communication.
TCP/IP: – This often used but little understood set of operations stands for Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol. TCP/IP is the combination of the two and describes the set of protocols that allows hosts to connect to the Internet. In actuality, TCP/IP is a combination of “more than those two protocols, but the TCP and IP parts of TCP/IP are the main ones and the only ones to become part of the acronymthat describes the operations involved.
TEXT FILE: – A text file is a computerfile that stores a typed document as a series of alphanumeric characters, usually without visual formatting information. The content may be a personal note or list, a journal or newspaper article, a book, or any other text that can be rendered accurately in typewritten form.
Hyper Link:-A hyperlink is a graphic or a piece of text in an Internet document that can connect readers to another webpage, or another portion of a document. Web users will usually find at least one hyperlink on every webpage. The simplest form of these is called embedded text or an embedded link.
WWW: – acronym for World Wide Web.
You can find more topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PROJECT TOPICS AND RESEARCH MATERIALS FOR FINAL YEAR STUDENTS
» (A CASE STUDY OF INEC)ABSTRACTThe electoral system in Nigeria have had poor record in electoral process, this have been attributed to the poor registr...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 35 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACTThe technology regarding controlling devices and circuits is developing at a faster pace day by day. This project has applications similar to ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 18 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» AbstractChapter One: IntroductionBackground of the StudyStatement of the Research problemResearch ObjectivesHypothesisSignificance/Scope of the StudyO...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 16 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» Chapter 1 1. INTRODUCTION 1.1 Introduction A port scanner is a piece of software designed to search a network host for open ports. This is often used ...Continue Reading »
47 pages | 95 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE1.0INTRODUCTION1.1 Background of the studyEstate surveying and valuation in Nigeria is a child of the British system. The theoretical bases...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 58 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» AIM OF STUDYThe real value of Mobile learning lies not in accessing knowledge at any time, any placeand for anyone, but helping the right students to ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 253 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
7. Development Of An Information Retrieval System Using Tree-Structured Clustering: Case Study Of FRSC Benue State» ABSTRACT This research work is in respect to the development of an Information Retrieval System for the Federal Road Safety Corps in Benue State. An I...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 121 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
8. Design and Implementation of Commercial Vehicle Registration and Task Management SysteDesign and Implementation of an Online Radio Streamer Applicatio...» ABSTRACT This research work deals with an online radio streaming application. Chapter one is an introduction to the project to describe what the proje...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 115 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
9. THE INFLUENCE OF SMART PHONES AND SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS» ABSTRACT The study investigated the influence of smart phones and social networking sites on the academic performance of secondary school students in ...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 191 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
10. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A HOTEL MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF ROYAL MARBLE HOTELS, BENIN)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The hospitality industry, which is a major team player towards the economic growth of Nigeria as...Continue Reading »
49 pages | 195 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
11. INTEGRATED STUDY ON THE USE OF A COMPUTER-BASED RESULT MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM (CBRMIS) A CASE OF SCHOOL OF EDUCATION, EMMANUEL ALAYANDE COLLEGE...» GENERAL INTRODUCTION The effort expended in the process of registration of students and computation of their examination results is awesome and quite ...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 165 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ORGANIZATION OF WORK It is measured towards addressing this situation that this project is primarily designed to come out as automated telephone billi...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 0 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
13. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED SYSTEM FOR REVENUE GENERATION FROM BUSINES PREMISES (A CASE STUDY OFNKANU EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA)» ABSTRACT Every government establishment has a means of generating money, which is accountable to the government body. Individual, groups and companies...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 0 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT Computers are known for their wide range of applications especially in science and mathematics. However little or no thought has been given t...Continue Reading »
56 pages | 0 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Material procurement can be defined as the purchase of goods or services at a total cost of possible optimum in the quantity ...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 0 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE