» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION University of Uyo Teaching Hospital since its inception in 1994 has received considerable amount of people, for treatment medical advice, family planning and a host of other reason. Different categories of people have patronized the hospital for its efficiency. It is therefore in the best interest of the researcher to use his or her knowledge of statistic application i...Continue Reading »
41 pages | 381 views | Source: STATISTICS
» ABSTRACT This study was intended to study the relationship between crime and traffic congestion in oshodiapapa axis of Lagos state. This study was guided by the following objectives; To provide this missing link by way of making good attempt at identifying the factors which are responsible for traffic problems in Oshodiapapa express way; To recommend ways of easing traffic congestion in Lagos; To ...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 816 views | Source: STATISTICS
» ABSTRACT It has been proved that in non linear programming, there are five methods of solving multivariable optimization with constraints. In this project, the usefulness of some of these methods (Kuhn – Tucker conditions and the Lagrange multipliers) as regards quadratic programming is unveiled. Also, we found out how the other methods are used in solving constrained optimizations and all t...Continue Reading »
127 pages | 818 views | Source: STATISTICS
4. STATISTICAL ANALYSIS OF CRIMINAL OFFENCES RECORDED IN BENIN â€“ EDO STATE (FCT) FROM 1999 â€“ 2007 (A CASE STUDY OF BENIN POLICE DIVISIONAL...
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION The increasing desire of the government and civilization to improve the maintenance of law and order and to engage in crime prevention, has led to the search for data on all aspect of crime. This will enable the government to know whether crime is increasing or decreasing. Crime in a normal sense is an act or offence which is punishable by law. Crime is a term used to ...Continue Reading »
984 views | Source: STATISTICS
5. TIME SERIES ANALYSIS ON RAINFALL PATTERN IN CALABAR MUNICIPALITY FROM 2002-2014 A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN METEOLOGICAL CENTRE CALABAR
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the study Nigeria’s population and economic development are linked to climate sensitive activities including rainfall. An understanding of current and historical rainfall trends and variation is inevitable to the country’s future economic and tourism development. Rainfall is the most important natural factor that goes a long way in determinin...Continue Reading »
57 pages | 824 views | Source: STATISTICS
6. THE STATISTICAL ANALYSIS OF THE EXPENDITURES AND INCOME OF NIGERIANS IN RELATION TO POVERTY. (A CASE STUDY OF NSIT-IBOM LGA AKWA-IBOM STATE)
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Income and expenditures are the foundation of any viable business or economy, as the economy of the nation is a direct replica of the economies of its citizens. The concept of expenditure and income in Nigeria has to be clearly understood. We all know that in a developing country like ours, there is need for a concrete study of how Nigerians expend vis a vis their level of...Continue Reading »
54 pages | 834 views | Source: STATISTICS
7. A STATISTICAL STUDY ON THE EFFECTS OF AGRICULTURAL LOAN ON FARMING ACTIVITIES IN NIGERIA â€“ A CASE STUDY OF OHAOFIA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ABI...
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1. INTRODUCTION Since the discovery of crude oil in Nigeria, farming activities has had its fare share of inconsistencies and relegation. Agriculture is a very important sector of Nigeria’s economy. Its role in economic development cannot be over emphasized; umar 2004 opined that between 1960 1976 alone, agriculture accounted for 40 to 60 percent of the national income and abou...Continue Reading »
70 pages | 213 views | Source: STATISTICS
8. STATISTICAL STUDY OF THE EFFECTS ON THE PERCENTAGE OF ACTIVE COMPONENTS IN MULTI ACTIVE DETERGENTS (A CASE STUDY OF OMO PRODUCTS UNILEVERPLC.)
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Detergents are generally known for its washing power and the ability to remove though stains. Detergents are harder on dirt and stain that soaps as this explains its massive use in Nigeria. One of the largest applications of detergents is for washing clothes. The compositions of detergents are complex, reflecting the diverse demands of the appl...Continue Reading »
55 pages | 267 views | Source: STATISTICS
9. A MULTIVARIATE ANALYSIS ON THE RESPONSE OF CROPS TO FERTILIZER AND SOIL TYPES. (A CASE STUDY OF THE FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE UMUDIKE, ABIA ST...
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1. INTRODUCTION Crop production is an integral part of agriculture, the other half is animal production or husbandry. Crop production can either be on a subsistence or commercial level. It is subsistence when the farmer produces for himself and family with a little for sale but it can be commercial when the farmer produces in a large scale for market consumption. Whichever type of pr...Continue Reading »
59 pages | 400 views | Source: STATISTICS
10. STATISTICAL ANALYSIS OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENTâ€™S EXPENDITURE AND REVENUE (A CASE STUDY OF NATIONAL BUREAU OF STATISTICS, KADUNA STATE) FROM ...
» ABSTRACT This research work was aimed at carrying out statistical analysis of federal government’s revenue and expenditure 2003 2008. Secondary data was obtained from National Bureau of Statistics. The statistical package used is SPSS. The result of the analysis shows that there is positive and strong relationship between expenditure and revenue 0.938 and the regression equation is expenditu...Continue Reading »
51 pages | 455 views | Source: STATISTICS
11. A STATISTICAL ANALYSIS OF ROAD ACCIDENTS IN NIGERIA (FEDERAL ROAD SAFETY CORPS ONITSHA, ANAMBRA STATE 2002-2015)
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1. INTRODUCTION Road transportation is by far the commonest means of transportation in Nigeria when compared to other means like air, rail and water. The technology has made life easy compared to previous means of transportation such as the use of animals during the pre colonial era. Nigerian economy despite its flaws, has afforded a large number of its populace the means to own cars...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 964 views | Source: STATISTICS
12. A STATISTICAL ANALYSIS OF EXAMINATION MALPRACTICE IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC OKO, ANAMBRA STATE)
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1. INTRODUCTION Sincerely, examination malpractice is a canker worm that has eaten deep into the nations fabrics; it has become a menace to the Nigeria society. Presently, our educational system is in shambles this is as a result of inconsistencies and carelessness, non implementation of educational policies, and corrupt practices in high places. As it stands, perhaps, the most poten...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 561 views | Source: STATISTICS
13. A STATISTICAL ANALYSIS OF CRIME OFFENCES RECORDED IN BENIN, EDO STATE. (FROM 1999- 2014) â€“ A CASE STUDY OF BENIN DIVISIONAL HEAD QUARTERS.
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1. Introduction The menace of crime across the globe is a serious concern. Every country across the globe has its particular problems. The West African sub region and in particular Nigeria is not an exception. One of such teething problems and challenges confronting the country is the rising wave of crime. This study is aimed at examining the factors responsible for the increasing wa...Continue Reading »
74 pages | 814 views | Source: STATISTICS
14. A STATISTICAL RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN STUDENTSâ€™COURSE OF STUDY AND THEIR ATTITUDE TOWARDS EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF FINA...
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the study Educational development in Nigeria has over the period been treated with kid gloves. For a nation to be able to compete favorably with its contemporaries, a lot has to be done and invested in educating its citizenry. For Nigeria as a country to be judged educationally developed, a lot has to be done and this should start from the mindset of our...Continue Reading »
70 pages | 581 views | Source: STATISTICS
15. A REGRESSION ANALYSIS ON THE IMPACT OF PER CAPITA INCOME ON HEALTH CARE COST (A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF UYO TEACHING HOSPITAL)
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the study Per capita income in Nigeria as we all know has a lot to do with the day to day live of Nigerians as it determines the quality of services rendered with the health care sector having a lot to do with per capita income of Nigeria.It is important for policymakers to know the relationship between health care expenditure and income, knowing this re...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 965 views | Source: STATISTICS
16. A DESIGN AND ANALYSIS OF EXPERIMENTS ON THE METHODS OF ESTIMATING VARIANCE COMPONENTS IN FARM ANIMALS.
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Variance measures the variability or difference from a mean or response. A variance value of 0 indicates that all values within a set of numbers are identical. Statisticians use variance to see how individual numbers or values relate to each other. Estimating variance components in statistics refers to the processes involved in efficiently calculating the v...Continue Reading »
62 pages | 472 views | Source: STATISTICS
17. EVALUATION OF NIGERIAN GAS PRODUCTION & ELECTRICITY GENERATION FROM NATURAL GAS USING REGRESSION ANAYLSIS(1999-2014)
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the study Nigeria is a nation that has been blessed with mineral resources ranging from solid minerals to crude oil deposits; right from the northern part of Nigeria to the southern part of Nigeria is littered with amazing natural deposits. Chief among these is the crude oil. Crude oil is largely deposited in the south southern part of Nigeria.Besides cr...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 304 views | Source: STATISTICS
18. A STATISTICAL ANALYSIS ON THE EFFECT OF NPK FERTILIZER ON CROP GROWTH (A CASE STUDY OF MICHAEL OPARA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, UMUAHIA ABIA STATE)
» CHAPTER ONE Introduction 1.1. Background of the study Agriculture is a cardinal sector in the economy of any nation. Fertilizer application has over the period been essential in the effective growth of agricultural output. The importance of fertilizer in agriculture cannot be over emphasized; in other to effectively feed the nation and have enough to export, then understanding the importance of fe...Continue Reading »
61 pages | 799 views | Source: STATISTICS
19. A STATISTICAL UNIVARIATE ANALYSIS OF THE GENERAL RESPONSE OF LOCAL DOGS TO VACCINATION (A CASE STUDY OF THE NATIONAL VETERINARY RESEARCH INSTITUTE, VO...
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1. INTRODUCTION Vaccination of dogs generally is of utmost importance to us seeing that dog is man’s best friend. Vaccinating dogs not only helps to save dogs from infections but it also helps to protect man, seeing that we humans are in constant contact with dogs and most Nigerians eat dogs. So therefore it is essential we take proper care of dogs around us by vaccinating them...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 306 views | Source: STATISTICS
20. A REGRESSION ANALYSIS ON THE IMPACT OF SMOKING, LEVEL OF EXERCISE, WEIGHT ON MEDICAL COST. (A CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL MEDICAL CENTER OWERRI)
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the study The increase in the number of people who are ill in the various health establishments has risen geometrically overtime. Most of these illnesses may be as a result of unhealthy lifestyles and habits. Amongst this various unhealthy lifestyles and habits are smoking, lacks of exercise, weight, poor dietary just to mention but a few. In Nigeria spe...Continue Reading »
59 pages | 418 views | Source: STATISTICS